Peiman Shahbeigi-Roodposhti, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Professor
Nano-materials processing, high temperature nano-crystal stability, Thermodynamic and kinetic mechanisms in nano-grain size stability, electronic microscopes, mechanical properties of materials, fracture analysis, creep and fatigue, thermal barrier coatings.
• Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering, North Carolina State University
• M.S. Materials Science and Engineering, Tehran Azad University
• B.S. Materials Science and Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology
Peiman’s research is aimed to understand the mechanical behavior of nanomaterials at elevated temperatures. His recent achievement uncovered the role of oxygen contamination in high temperature stability of naograin size Iron based alloys. Fracture analysis, creep and fatigue behavior of materials, thermal fatigue and thermal barrier coatings are also part of his research interest.
• Effect of Oxygen Content on Thermal Stability of Grain Size for Nanocrystalline Fe10Cr and Fe14Cr4Hf Alloy Powders, P. Shahbeigi-Roodposhti, M. Saber, C. Koch and R. Scattergood – Journal of alloys and compounds – 720 (2017) 510-520
• Grain Boundary sliding mechanism during high temperature deformation of AZ31 Magnesium alloy, P. Shahbeigi-Roodposhti, A.Sarkar, K. L. Murty, R. O. Scattergood, Materials Science and Engineering A 669 (2016) 171-177
• A microstructural approach on the Equal Channel Angular Processing of Commercially Pure Titanium – a review, P. Shahbeigi-Roodposhti, N. Farahbakhsh, A.Sarkar, K. L. Murty, Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China 25 (2015) 1353-1366.
• Microstructural development of high temperature deformed AZ31 magnesium alloys, P. Shahbeigi-Roodposhti, A.Sarkar, K. L. Murty, Material Science & Engineering A 626 (2015) 195–202
• Effect of Isolation Method on Reinforcing Capability of Recycled Cotton Nanomaterials in Thermoplastic Polymers N. Farahbakhsh, P. Shahbeigi-Roodposhti, H. Sadeghifar, R. A. Venditti, J. S. Jur – Journal of Materials Science – 52 (2017) 4997-5013
• Effects of microstructure and processing methods on creep behavior of AZ91 magnesium alloy, P. Shahbeigi-Roodposhti, A.Sarkar, K. L. Murty, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance 25 (2016) 3697–3709
• Melt Extrusion of Polyethylene Nanocomposites Reinforced with Nanofibrillated Cellulose from Cotton and Wood Sources, N. Farahbakhsh, P. Shahbeigi-Roodposhti, R. Venditi, J. jur, Journal of Applied Polymer Science (2015), 41857 – online.
97 North Eagleville Rd, Room 145
Storres, CT 06269-3136